Gorgeously Green Official

Here is the official website that I have used as a basis for my blog: www.gorgeouslygreen.com

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Difficulty

I have been trying to use a handkerchief to dry my hands instead of the paper towel dispenser or the air dry machine.  FAILURE!  99.97% of the time I forget, and when I do remember it's an epic moment.

Usually I remember after my hands have been washed so I have to dig around in my purse to get the handkerchief out.  Basically it's just been a nuisance.  I'm going to keep trying, but this is a difficulty.

4 comments:

  1. I realize the paper towel dispensers are bad, but I thought that the air dry machines were good! Are you trying to avoid them because of the electricity it takes to power them? And it's the thought that counts, right? I couldn't do all this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The power it takes to run a air dry machine actually has a larger impact on the planet than just the paper towel themselves. Which is why I'm trying to avoid them.

    Thanks for the vote of confidence though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's too difficult, start wearing your handkerchief instead of putting it somewhere you'll forget it. But to be incredibly honest, I don't wash my hands EVERY time I go to the bathroom. Mostly the soap is abrasive and dries my hands out... I'm using toilet paper the right way anyway, and I never touch the part of the door everyone else does because of my choice in this matter.

    Besides, even the soap those dispensers are using is probably not green. You'd have to start carrying around your own soap to be truthful about a bathroom experience, and if you have to do THAT then you're going to remember to pull out your handkerchief beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually really like the comment above. Antibacterial soap worries me a bit, as I like my immune system and all. Someone gave me one of those little antibacterial gel bottles with the purse clip from bath and body works (I basically only use it when I'm sick, and even then it's more for a courtesy to others). I'm thinking I might just fill that up with some natural liquid soap and carry it with me, along with the hanky cuz that's also a good idea.

    ReplyDelete