Gorgeously Green Official

Here is the official website that I have used as a basis for my blog: www.gorgeouslygreen.com

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Target Shopping Excursion

Now that I know what to avoid, I went in search of shaving creme at the local Target.  I know that they have a wider selection of the "natural" lines.  Originally I searched online for products sold at Target that fit the guidelines.  At the store I discovered none of the products were sold at this particular branch.

This was rather disheartening.  There must be an affordable way to by green products and not have to order them online.

I searched through all of the available shaving creams.  Skintamate, Venus, Aveeno, all of the major lines were worthless.  I settled on a paraben free shave cream that had Fragrance listed on the lower end of the ingredients; it also had propylene glycol  as the fourth to last ingredient.  Which is sad that I had to settle but hey a girl's got to shave.

There was an unexpected bonus to this shopping excursion!  I found a toner that doesn't have any of the red or orange alert ingredients.  The toner removes excess oil from ones face.  It comes highly recommended by skin care professionals if one has oily skin (aka me).

The toner I found is created by a company called The Power of Plants BOTANICS.  Face Rosewater Toner's ingredients include: Aqua (water), Alcohol denat*, Glycerin, Rose damascena flower oil*, Citronellol*.  After using this product for about a week, I've got to say it's amazing.  Sometimes after cleansing my skin just doesn't feel clean enough, especially after a workout.  This product fixes that problem.

*Certified Organic

5 comments:

  1. I've been trying to locate the necessity for shaving cream. I always use my body wash to lubricate, and I find it does the same thing. The shaving cream does make it easier to see where your blade's been, but you always have soap or body wash, and you're washing your legs anyway. Might as well use the oils from the soap for lubrication. Besides, I don't like the odd shine most creams leave behind. I have lotion if I want them shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Drea I am just wondering about the cost of these products compared to the bad ones? are they a lot more (yes it's worth it I know) but just wondering

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. We may want to warn Zach that posts through ESO's email come up as him. Or not it could be entertaining.

    The toner was $7.99. Olay has one for $3.49, Boots has one for $4.29 but also has one for $9.99. So it's a wide range. I haven't actually used any of these products. The only other toner I've used is by ProActive. So in relation to cost, I'm going to have to do a little more research.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hey, weird! (I didn't realize how many of your posts I hadn't read! In case you wondered about all the sudden comments.) I actually bought the Botanics when I was shopping for eye makeup remover. :) Nice to hear that you enjoyed your product! I may have to look into it when I go looking for a toner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually always used hair conditioner in place of shave lotion. Mostly because I'm a cheap ass hole. That's not to say that I've been using safe conditioner. But it's just a thought, I guess.

    ReplyDelete