Gorgeously Green Official

Here is the official website that I have used as a basis for my blog: www.gorgeouslygreen.com

Friday, February 4, 2011

Grooming and Sunbathing? Really that bad?

After reading that hairdyes contain chemicals that are known for causing bone marrow cancer and bladder cancer, and the conflicting ideas that some of the chemicals within fake tanning and many sunscreens are known to cause skin cancer; I have never been so glad that I don't die my hair or tan my skin.

The human body needs a solid fifteen minutes of uninterrupted sun absorption everyday, for vitamin D intake.  Vitamin D is necessary for the body to metabolize vitamin C.

Winters in the UP are always lacking in sunlight but avoiding the tanning beds won't be that difficult for me.  I'd rather be vitamin D deficient than knowingly risk skin cancer.

Unfortunately the links that Sophie provided are no longer valid.  However, when summer does decide to arrive I found sunscreen online at: http://store.elementalherbs.com/sunscreen-p12.aspx?gclid=CJapqdWs76YCFQNrKgodVhXFCw

No comments:

Post a Comment