Gorgeously Green Official

Here is the official website that I have used as a basis for my blog: www.gorgeouslygreen.com

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cosmetic Solution

Sophie addressed cosmetics with a simple section that can be paraphrased as: don't trust any mainstream line no matter their advertisements have the same chemicals within, only at a higher concentration.  All this translates into I cannot use any of my cosmetics.  So they've been boxed up for the project and will most likely be used but not bought again with a few exceptions.

My roommate sent me a link to Origins.  It's a company, that sells 100% all natural (mostly) plant based products.  Before I even got to read an ingredient list, the mission statement of the company listed all of the chemicals commonly used and how none will be found within their products.  Which was backed up by every product ingredient list that I read.

I'm still using my concealer and blushes.  I'm hesitant to by a concealer without seeing it in person; often times the color online is not that of reality.  Blush only comes out for two occasions: I'm bored or there is a special occasion that calls for it.  I ordered only one of the following basics: eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, and lip gloss.

Now that the products have come it, I'm so excited.  They are really easily applicable.  The eyeshadow doesn't clump, nor does the mascara.  The eye liner doesn't require heavy pressure to apply, light touches are a stress relief. Bonus: the lip gloss smells great and leaves the fun minty feeling in its wake.

The only downside to this natural alternative is that any water removes the product.  Crying is now off limits...not that I cry a lot.  It's just no longer an option, but so is being caught out in the rain/wet snow.

3 comments:

  1. Oh hey I know about a skincare line called Arbonne. I thought it'd be interesting for you to put through them through your green test. They're an organic and extremely green skincare/makeup company, who only deal/advertise through local consultants. Their website is http://www.arbonne.com/index.asp?lang=eng. I know someone that consults in the area, and can locate a phone number for you so you can get more information. You could even schedule a party (so you can test their products). If you do an Arbonne Spa Party, you get reduced prices on their projects from the catalogue. Just thought I'd release that information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I love this company! Unfortunately it's too expensive. They are a completely plant based products. Unfortunately I checked them out on the web and they don't have a basic list of ingredients so I'll have to go product by product to see if they actually follow the Gorgeously Green Rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! So I was thinking-- would you like to write up an assessment of all your origins makeup and maybe take some pictures, and do a guest blog on mine? I figure they would fit really well together. ^^ Plus I'll have a post on 'green' makeup!

    ReplyDelete