Gorgeously Green Official

Here is the official website that I have used as a basis for my blog: www.gorgeouslygreen.com

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Excercise. What is this phenomenon?

As I turned the page between chapter 2 and 3, I immediately wished for anything else.  Sophie lays out a 20 minute (sorry Kiah but I'm stealing some of your formatting techniques) yoga program to be preformed every day.

I don't exercise everyday, hell I barely exercise twice a week.  This winter semester I enrolled in a modern ballet class to force myself.  The fact that it's modern ballet is just another slacker term too because Maria (my teacher) isn't that worried about getting the poses/dance moves exactly correct, unless you're at the bar (ballet bar).  Though I must commend her for her everlasting patience because I'm not a very coordinated individual.

I am glad that it's yoga, and that I've already taken yoga prior to this project.  Learning yoga from a book and/or a video is extremely dangerous and should not be done.

As I'm reading this chapter she explains how to preform a pose, how to move into the next pose, and provides a detailed sketch to what the pose should look like.  Cue the visual flashbacks.  If I hadn't already taken yoga, I would be preforming all of them wrong.  There is a feel for a pose that one must learn.  And what it feels like when you aren't doing the pose right.  Listen to your body.  If something feels off, 99.9% of the time it means that your doing something wrong.  Which can potentially cause massive amount of pain or screw up a bodily function that has no reversal.

Will I actually be doing the 20 min program everyday?  Probably not, but as of now I have every intention of trying to exercise on the days I don't have modern ballet.  I'm using the fact that in modern ballet one of our warm-ups is two sets of Sun Salutations, as a semi-reasonable excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment