Gorgeously Green Official

Here is the official website that I have used as a basis for my blog: www.gorgeouslygreen.com

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Restaurant Recycling

It's been ages since I've written. But I'm proud to report that I've been recycling the wine bottles, milk cartons and orange juice containers from work.

Now I currently work in a restaurant where for the first three months I was secretly stashing the recyclables so that they wouldn't be thrown in the trash. Apparently I wasn't being that sneaky because eventually my boss asked me about it and instead of me lying because who really rummages through the trash for recyclables? I just owned it; told them I like recycling and since I drive right by the drop site coming home from work it's no big effort for me to stop and drop it off. My next shift, my boss had a pile of glass bottles for me to recycle.

I know that once I leave, which will be soon, that the bottles will be going into the trash again. But I still consider this a win because I made the effort and 5 months worth of recyclables didn't go into a landfill. A small win, but a win nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment